Our CareAware Advocacy Service has been designed to ensure that no clients or residents are deprived of access to the information they need in dealing with the funding of a long term care need, for reasons of price.
The issues facing care residents and their families have never been more complex. Access to accurate and independent information is therefore crucial to making informed decisions about long term care and the CareAware advocacy facility provides a “one stop” service to answer all of the care questions raised by you and your clients.
We know from our market research that many homes see the advocacy facility as:
- Part of their quality service provision
- Essential to the marketing of the home to clients
- Supporting their staff training programme
- Helping the home to achieve improved commercial viability
THE KEY BENEFITS OF THE ADVOCACY SERVICE
An Advocacy Service questionnaire should be used for all new and existing clients.Its aim is to establish the areas in which your client is likely to need advice and to provide the necessary guidance.In addition, it assists the care provider to offer a more comprehensive service and by using the questionnaire, demonstrates compliance with the Essential Standards of Quality and Safety.The key advantages of the service are that it:
Is designed to ensure that the client and their family have access to all the independent help and information they will need in dealing with a long term care need
- Complies with the Essential Standards of Quality and Safety
- Co-ordinates access to the UK’s leading specialists on care issues
- Has no cost, charge or obligation to the end user
- Does not compromise the professional status of the care provider
And provides access to:
- A Membership Registration Certificate
- An advocacy service client questionnaire and manual containing the full CareAware literature library, technical notes and marketing support aids
- Newsletters, Care Professional bulletins and updates
- Updated bulletins, benefit and tax rates and guidance notes
- A priority response “fastrack” service for all resident enquiries
ABOUT OUR SERVICE
CareAware is a non profit making public information and advisory service specialising in issues relating to funding long term care for older people. Its objectives are to improve public understanding and knowledge about the care system, to reinforce the rights and choices of the individual and to assist the public on the complex issues associated with care provision.
The service provides all of the above key benefits plus, a full service user manual, client questionnaire pack, leaflets and pre-paid envelopes.
Upon receipt of the completed client questionnaire, our team of care specialists will assess the circumstances of your client and determine any areas of assistance that may be required.
The CareAware Advocacy Service provides coordinated access to the services of a range of specialist agencies and organisations and will direct service users to these groups to ensure that their needs and requirements are met. The areas of advice provided cover a wide range of care and care related subjects as follows:
- State Funding
- Managing the Affairs of Other People
- Selecting a Care Home
- Local Authority Funding
- Funding Care Costs
- Regulation, Inspection and Registration
- Care and Carer Support
- Legal Issues
THE COST AND PAYMENT
The charge for the service is only £95.47 incl. VAT per annum which is priced to cover the cost of production of the additional documentation. Payment can be made by cheque or credit/debit card over the telephone.
On receipt of payment, the documentation will be issued to you by post.
If you require any further information or wish to discuss membership further, please contact our Helpline on 0161 707 1107 or email us at email@example.com